jueves, 7 de mayo de 2015

Ubuntu



Linux's most popular distribution is named Ubuntu. Personally, It was the first Linux I met and... you'll think I'm weird but it was love at first sight... talking about Linux's distributions and I'm going to explain why.

Ubuntu has a "Live CD" feature that allows you to try the system without installing it on your computer so you can experiment with the system without thinking about if you are going to ruin your PC because everything is loading in RAM memory, which evaporates when you turn off your computer. This was very interesting and new for me and I got excited having a completely functional system, with essential installed software like Mozilla Firefox (Web Browser), LibreOffice (Microsoft Office's equivalent) and a CD/DVD Burner, things that most people commonly uses in a Windows computer. I got those things along with a friendly graphic interface and, most importantly, SPEED. 

You could get even a blue screen issue in Windows trying to do what you can do three times in ubuntu, I laughed so hard using this system at my own that I liked that much for installing it natively in my home's PC. My brother got bother, by the way. I used it all days because I could do what a common person does in Windows (Facebook, Web Surfing) but FASTER.

But something was missing... GAMES. There are a few games on "Linux's AppStore" (Ubuntu Software Center) but they aren't so good so I started researching how to play Windows's games in Linux... aaaaaaaand I GOT IT, I could play League of Legends in Ubuntu, of course not as well as in Windows but... I COULD...  after that i started to move system settings and trying to install the driver of my graphics card aaaaaaaaaandd.. i screwed up the system, but... well... that's a way of learning, screwing things up, i just installed it again and did it right.

Anyway, Ubuntu is an easy-to-use operating system but If you want to go beyond the easy you need to research a bit and fall in love with the command line.

You should try it!

Ubuntu's Official Page - Remember... It's FREE!


Ubuntu's Desktop

1 comentario:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    A SI NO SE TRABAJA EN LAS EMPRESAS COMPAÑERO!!!
    LINUX NO SIRVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    WINDOWS TE DA MAS DINERO!!!

    ResponderBorrar